Cancellation Policy

Cancellation
Policy

Custom Products

Custom made products such as blinds, shades, shutters, draperies, etc. are fabricated to your specifications and no refunds or exchanges are possible. Custom purchases made through our shop-at-home service or in our store require a minimum of 75% deposit at the time or order and the remaining 25% at time install is scheduled. Custom orders cannot be canceled, and deposits cannot be refunded, once products are ordered, usually within 24 hours of receipt of deposit.

Warranty and Repairs

Timan’s is proud to sell high quality blinds and window treatments which, if cared for and used properly, should give many years of enjoyment. Our products are covered by manufacturer warranties. In general, all fabric treatments are covered for one year against fabric and fabrication defects. PowerView® operating systems have a guaranteed warranty of 5 years. Timan’s cannot warranty against damages caused by misuse or abuse of our products. Warranties apply to the original customer and/or installation with proof of purchase and covers any defects in materials or workmanship provided the product is measured and installed according to our product instructions. If warranty service is needed, call our Customer Service and we will arrange for a repair or replacement as quickly as possible.
Hunter Douglas products Purchased from Timan’s have a lifetime guarantee. In no case do product warranties cover Timan’s time and Labor. Timans offers free in-home service for the first two years after the date of purchase. After two years from installation date a Service fee of $210.00 will apply, if the product is still under manufacturer warranty. We do not repair shades that were not purchased through Timan Custom Window Treatments. Out of warranty charge per shade $100. Warranty shades that need reinstallation for upgraded headrails and brackets $210.00 (up to four shades) each additional shade $25.00.

Treatments may still be dropped off at the Cleveland Design Center for repair.

Right Choice Promise

Make your choice with confidence… Our Right Choice Promise guarantees it! With the Hunter Douglas Right Choice Promise™, you’ll make your choice with confidence: Just try out your new window coverings and exchange them if you are not completely satisfied. This program is only offered at Hunter Douglas Gallery® stores like ours.
Here’s how it works: Once our installation is complete, experience and enjoy your new window coverings for 21 days. If, at the end of this period you’re not thoroughly satisfied with the way they make your home more beautiful, (very unlikely), contact your Salesperson during the next 21 days. We’ll make a one-time replacement of your window coverings with a Hunter Douglas product of equal or lesser value of your choice.*
It’s just that simple.

*The Right Choice Promise applies only to residential installations. It excludes: damage and abuse, improper installation, mis-measurement, product stacking or control side change, hard-wired motorized products and specialty shapes requiring templates. Change in product size (i.e., inside mount to outside mount or vice versa) is excluded. An additional re-installation charge not to exceed $75.00 per window covering may be required. If the replacement product is of greater value, you must pay the difference in value. No credits or refunds for products of lesser value. Claims must be made by the original customer through Timans. The Right Choice Promise™ is available only through participating Hunter Douglas Gallery® dealers.

Service Call Charges

  • $210 Round Trip Fee
  • $20 Per Shade
  • $40 For PowerView® Shades

*If a tall ladder is needed for your install, uninstall, or service call it will incur a $100 fee*

Battery Changes

  • $105 Trip charge one way
  • $210 Round trip
  • $20 If batteries are provided.*
  • $30 If Timans provides batteries
  • $10 Remote Batteries CR2032

*Batteries provided must be new and unopened. They cannot be Lithium batteries as they do not work.*